Also check out:
My love for genealogy began very young – at my grandparent’s knees really. My paternal grandmother in particular loved sharing stories about our family tree and she always left in the juicy bits as well! My love of genealogy then went into my love of history which resulted in a dual major in history and English while in college. I used my degree in secondary education and taught in middle school and high school classrooms for 6 years before I decided to make my passion, genealogy, my career.
Since then I have begun my education into the genealogy research world and have taken on clients through my business, Copper Leaf Genealogy. My credentials are as follows:
- Researching genealogy since 2003
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education degree from Central Michigan University – I can work on a time line and a deadline and be sure that my work is done to standards. I am also an experienced teacher and I bring that with me to my presentations and classes.
- College degree with a focus on English and History – My college studies in English and history means I am well-schooled in editing, writing, and research.
- National Genealogical Society Home Study Course – completed in November 2014
- Boston University: Genealogical Research Certificate Program – completed in August 2014
- Graduate of ProGen Study Group 25 in August 2016
- Speaker – As a past teacher and a current member of Toastmasters, I do enjoy speaking engagements and presenting to large groups of people as well as teaching a small group of people.
- County Genealogist – In August 2014, I was voted in as the St. Joseph County Genealogist for the Indiana Genealogical Society. That means I am a go-to person for what someone could find in St. Joseph County, Indiana. This position ended with my move to Colorado in 2016.
- In all my genealogy work, I follow the Genealogical Proof Standard set by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
I am also a member in good standing of the following organizations:
- Association of Professional Genealogists and adhere to their code of ethics.
- National Genealogical Society
- Indiana Genealogical Society
- Boulder Genealogical Society
- Genealogical Speakers Guild
I look forward to helping you with your genealogical inquires!