- “Genealogy Bargains for Friday 12 August 2016” on Geneabloggers
- “How Science Solved a Romanian Mystery” on Ancestry – very cool story!
- “Quick Tip – Don’t Go Back Too Far Too Soon” by Yvette Hoitink on Dutch Genealogy
- “FGS and NPS: Mexican War Indexing!” by Judy G. Russell on the Legal Genealogist
- “Homestead Act of 1862 – Following the Witnesses” by Bernice Bennett on Legacy Family Tree Webinars – FREE through 19 August 2016
- “The Battle for Bounty Land – War of 1812 and Mexican-American Wars” by Beth Foulk on Legacy Family Tree Webinars – FREE through 17 August 2016
- “Close Out Summer with a Free Family History Seminar or Conference” by Diana Elder on the Family Locket
- “How Do I Know What I Don’t Know? (Part 1: Educational Opportunities)” by Jenny Lanctot on The In-Depth Genealogist
- “Concepts – Match Groups and Triangulation” by Roberta Estes on DNA eXplained
- “Circling the DNA Clues” and “Following Up: Oh Those Circles!” by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist
New and Updated Resources
- Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has the list of new and updated records for Ancestry and FamilySearch!
- “Alaska, Colorado, Maine, and New Jersey Join the National Digital Newspaper Program” by Dick Eastman on his blog (EOGN) – Yay for my new state!
- Also see: “National Geographic’s Free Website for Printing Detailed Topographical Maps” – for all the other map lovers out there
- FindMyPast’s Friday New/Updated Records:
- New South Wales 1891 Census
- Staffordshire, Parish Registers 1538-1900
- Staffordshire Baptisms, Banns, Marriages, and Burials
- Scotland, Registers and Records
Please like & share: