- “Social Calling Cards – Civil War to World War I” by Linda Stufflebean on her blog Empty Branches on the Family Tree
- “Hooking Teens on Research with Land Patents” by Diana Elder on the blog Family Locket – also a good intro to finding land patents on the Bureau of Land Management site!
- “Read the Fine Print” by Judy G. Russell in her blog The Legal Genealogist
- “How NOT to Clean A Tombstone for Photography” by Dick Eastman on his blog
- “Changing Town Names” by Christopher C. Child on the AmericanAncestors.org blog Vita Brevis
- “Don’t Rely on Ancestry.com’s Indexes for Wills and Probate Records” by Randy Seaver on his blog Genea-Musings
- “New Family Tree DNA Holiday Coupons – And the 12 Myths of Family Finder” by Roberta Estes on her blog DNA eXplained
- “How Refrigeration Changed the United States” by Jeremy Cook on the Ancestry Blog
- “Quick tip – Create a Town Timeline” by Yvette Hoitink on her blog Dutch Genealogy – great idea for everyone and goes great with the Changing Town Names article!
- “The Archive Lady: Rusty Paper Clips and Staples” by Melissa Barker on Geneabloggers
- “How to Get Your Genealogy Questions Answered” by Amy Johnson Crow on her blog
- “Genealogy Bargains for Friday 16 December 2016” on Geneabloggers
- “The Genealogy Guys Podcast #319 – 2016 Dec 9” on the Genealogy Guys Podcast
- “BCG Webinars for 2017” on the Board for Certification of Genealogist’s SpringBoard blog
- “Tracing Your European Ancestor” by Julie Goucher on Legacy Family Tree Webinars – free through December 23rd!
New and Updated Resources
- “Updates to the AncestorSearch & Historical U.S. County Maps Research Tools” on Dick Eastman’s blog
- Randy Seaver has a list of new and updated records for Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org on his website Genea-Musings.
- FindMyPast Friday’s New/Updated Records:
- British Army Discharges, 60th Foot 1854-1880
- Middlesex War Memorials
- Queensland Passports Index 1915-1925
- New South Wales 1841 Census
- Britain, Histories & Reference Guides
Please like & share: