I’m still settling in from the first part (!! – more to come!) of my move but I hope to have a few more blog posts up next week on more than just Friday Finds!
- “Beyond the ‘Failed’ BCG Portfolio” by Darcie Hind Posz, CG on Springboard – if you only read one thing on this list, let this be it! EXCELLENT for those, like me, who plan on pursuing their certification!
- “Pssst! Want to Buy Your Family’s Coat of Arms?” on Dick Eastman’s blog (EOGN) – my grandfather had one of these that went to me when he passed away. I keep it simply as a memento of him and understand it is not the truth 🙂
- “Victorian Prisoners in Gloucester Gaol, 1815-1879” by Bryony Partridge on Ancestry’s blog
- “Genealogy Bargains for Friday 17 June 2016” on Geneabloggers – check out the Father’s Day DNA deals!
- “Create Your Own Research Guide” by Diana Elder on Family Locket – Excellent blog post! I created my own research guide for St. Joseph County, Indiana and am currently making one for Saginaw County, Michigan.
- “Summer Trips to Museums and Archives: 10 Things to Remember” on The ArmChair Genealogist – Great tips and pointers here!
- “Tuesday’s Tip: How to Save a Book from Archive.org to Evernote or Your Computer” on Michigan Family Trails
- “Trying to Make Ancestors Out of NADs [New Ancestor Discoveries]” on DNAeXplained by Roberta Estes
- “Ticked Off! Those Pesky Pre-1850 Census Tic Marks” by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen on Legacy Family Tree Webinars – the title says it all! Free until 22 June!
- “ARCHIVED: British and Irish Military Records” on DearMyrtle’s blog
- Watch The Genealogy Roadshow’s newest episode featuring Boston!
- “Let Your Cellphone Tell You About ‘History Here’” on EOGN
- “NewspaperARCHIVE Collection on MyHeritage May Disappear Next Tuesday” by Randy Seaver on Genea-Musings – FYI for MyHeritage users!
- Also from Genea-Musings are an updated list for Ancestry records and for FamilySearch records
- FindMyPast Friday‘s New Records:
- British Newspaper Roundup
- Yorkshire West Riding Marriages
- Britain, Knights of the Realm & Commonwealth Index
- Ireland Dog License Registers
- Irish Petty Sessions Court Registers 1828-1912
- Ireland Poor Law Reports
- South Australia Rate Books