- “RootsTech 2017 Innovator Showdown Semi-Finalists Announced” on
- Geneabloggers – I love seeing what comes out of this!
- “The DNA Era of Genealogy” by Blaine Bettinger on his blog
- “Two must-read Posts” by Judy G. Russell on her blog The Legal Genealogist
- “FamilyTreeDNA Holiday Coupons and Mitochondrial DNA, The Forgotten Test” by Roberta Estes on her blog DNAeXplained
- “AncestryDNA Update – December 2016” by Randy Seaver on his blog Genea-Musings
- “What is Metadata?” by Eric Niloff on the Ancestry Blog
- “The Dog that Did Bark” by Judy G. Russell on her blog The Legal Genealogist – this goes along with her recent webinar, which you can see in the Media/Education section
- “Genealogy Bargains for Friday 23 December 2016” on Geneabloggers
- “Holidays and Christmases” by Judy G. Russell – because why not 🙂
- “A Christmas Request, Answered a Century Later” by Corey Kilgannon on the New York Times – A lovely story!
- “No, no Nanette! What negative evidence is… and isn’t” by Judy G. Russell on Legacy Family Tree Webinars – free until 27 Dec!
- “Listen to ‘Twice Removed,’ a Family History Podcast hoted by A.J. Jacobs” on Dick Eastman’s blog
New and Updated Resources
- Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has lists for new and updated records for Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org. He also has a list for new databases added to AmericanAncestors.org
- “Dublin Merchant Guild Rolls” by Dr. James Ryan on The In-Depth Genealogist. Also see, “Introducing Adelaide City Archives” written by Shauna Hicks
- “MyHeritage Adds New York City Marriages, 1950-1995, Online” on Dick Eastman’s blog
- FindMyPast Friday‘s new and updated records:
- Gloucester Apprentices 1595-1700
- Scotland Mental Health Institutions Admissions 1857-1859
- Scotland Prison Registers Index 1828-1884
- Kent Parish Records
Please like & share: