- Win a Copy of the Unofficial Guide to FamilySearch.org from Geneabloggers! Contest ends 12am CDT 10 August 2015
- “Fashion Moments – Beret” by Genealogy Lady – I’ve always wanted to be able to pull off a hat look.
- “Is It Time to Let Go of the Internet in Genealogy?” by Amy Johnson Crow – just posted today!
- “Lesson Learned Again: Don’t Trust Online Family Trees” by Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings – wonderful article!
- Acquaintance Cards on Flickr – flirting done Victorian style. I’d be okay if this trend came back 🙂
- Genealogy Bargains from Geneabloggers – featuring 20% off AncestryDNA kits (through August 17th) and more!
- “400 Year History of the Architecture of American Houses” on Upfront with NGS – one of my favorites from this week!
- “WorldWide Indexing Event 7-14 August 2015 HERE’S HOW” by Dear Myrtle – LOVE this event! If you’re curious how indexing works, also check out another Dear Myrtle post on that here.
- “Using Amazon for Genealogy” by Thomas MacEntee of Geneabloggers – who knew!
- “NARA asks for Public Comments on its Partnership with Ancestry.com and Fold3.com” presented by Dick Eastman
- The New England Historic and Genealogical Society has a free webinar on 30 September at 3pm EDT on Digital Collections at NEHGS and the American Jewish Historical Society – New England Archives
- “Genealogy Gophers Doubles its Free Online Library” – by DearMyrtle – wonderful news!
- “New FamilySearch Collections: Week of 27 July 2015” from Dick Eastman – long list so check out the link
- FindMyPast Friday’s new records:
- Staffordishire, Parish Registers Browse, 1538-1900
- Staffordshire Baptisms, Marriages, Banns, and Burials
- New Zealand, Hillsborough Cemetery
Please like & share: