- We all heard that Ancestry.com is going to retire their Family Tree Maker software and people are wondering what to do. Legacy responded with this update and RootsMagic responded with this one. Also check out Randy Seaver’s blog post on the issue: “Other Genealogy Software Options to Replace Family Tree Maker – UPDATED“
- “Seven Decades After Pearl Harbor, DNA Testing Used to Identify Remains” – on the Telegraph – a very neat look at what DNA can do!
- “Genealogy Bargains for Friday 11 December 2015” – on Geneabloggers
- “Ten-Minute Methodology: Beyond the Index – or Not” on the BCG blog SpringBoard
- “:Links: House History Guides by City/State” by Home Scribe History blog – an awesome new (to me) blog! Great resources!
- “Now… and Not Now” – on the Legal Genealogist – more information on the new things coming to 23andMe – a MUST READ for anyone who has tested with 23andMe or are thinking about testing with them.
Webinars and the Like
- “2016 Legacy Family Tree Webinar Series Announced” – Sign up and watch the webinars live for FREE! What a great deal 🙂
- “Continuing Genealogical Studies: Genetic Genealogy, Autosomal DNA” – a new course from NGS! Check it out!
- FindMyPast Friday’s New Records:
- Electoral Registers from Portsmouth, England, 1835-1873
- Baptisms from Leicestershire, England
- Burials from Leicestershire, England
- Plague Rates from Plymouth, England, 1626-1629
- Dick Eastman’s Blog (EOGN) has new resources listed:
Please like & share: