- “Who Designed My House?!? Was it a Kit House?” on Home Scribe History
- “Surprise Mother’s Day Sale at FamilyTreeDNA” on DNAeXplained-Genetic Genealogy by Roberta Estes
- “Cite This For Me” on Dick Eastman’s Blog (EOGN)
- “5 Types of Maps Every Genealogist Should Know” by Amy Johnson Crow
- “Genealogy Professor: New Online Courses” on Adventures in Genealogy Education by Angela McGhie
- “Ancestry Update – A More in Depth Look – Losses and Gains” By Roberta Estes on DNAeXplained
- “Announcing ‘Genetic Genealogy in Practice’ – A New Book Providing Genealogists with the Skills to Understand and Apply DNA” on The Genetic Genealogist by Blaine Bettinger – I can’t wait for this!
- “Genealogy Bargains for Thursday 5 May 2016” on Geneabloggers
- “National Genealogical Society Presents Awards Honoring Excellence in Newsletter Editorship and Service to NGS” on EOGN – Big congratulations go to Cyndi Ingle (of Cyndi’s List) and Dick Eastman!!
Media and Education
- “Google Drive for Genealogists” A webinar by Thomas MacEntee on Legacy Family Tree Webinars – free until 10 May!
- “Microsoft Word Series – #1 Getting Started with Microsoft Word” A webinar by Thomas MacEntee on Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- “TGP 39 – Blaine Bettinger, The Genetic Genealogist” on the Genealogy Professional Podcast by Marian Pierre-Louis
- “Announcing 2017 GRIP Courses” on EOGN
New and Updated Resources
- “Added or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org – Week of 24 to 30 April 2016” AND “Added or Updated Databases at Ancestry.com – Week of 24 to 30 April 2016” on Genea-Musings by Randy Seaver
- “FindmyPast Announces Online Release of Over 10 Million New US Marriage Records” on EOGN
- FindMyPast Friday’s New Records:
- United States Marriage
- PERSI Update
- Yorkshire Baptisms, Marriages, Burials
- Britain, School and University Register Books 1264-1930
- Yorkshire Registers and Records
Please like & share: