- “Genealogy Bargains for Friday 22 April 2016” on Geneabloggers – don’t forget to check out all the DNA sales happening!
- “The 2016 DNA Day Sales” by Judy G. Russell on the Legal Genealogist – for the specifics of the DNA sales
- “Using Facebook and Twitter for Scottish Genealogy Research” on In-Depth Genealogist
- “Why You Should Sometimes Ignore Boundaries in Genealogy” by Amy Johnson Crow – great article!
- “AncestryDNA Plans Update to Matching Algorithm” – on The Genetic Genealogist by Blaine Bettinger
- “Space Available in ProGen Study Group” by Angela McGhie on Adventures in Genealogy Education – I am in a current ProGen class and cannot recommend this enough!
- “RootsMapper” on the Genealogy Girl – very cool post! I’m going to have to try this!
- “PBS’ ‘Genealogy Roadshow’ Season Three Visits Six New Cities to Uncover Family Secrets” on GeneaBloggers – my favorite TV series! I can’t wait!
- “Added or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org – Week of 10 to 16 April 2016” by Randy Seaver on Genea-Musings
- “Recently Added and Updated Collections on Ancestry” on Ancestry.com – this includes:
- Sutton, Surrey, England Electoral Registers 1931-1970
- Sweden, Emigrants Registered in Church Books, 1783-1991
- North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000
- North Carolina, Passenger and Crew Lists, 1958-1963
- Jamaica, Civil Registration Birth, Marriage, and Death Records 1878-1930 – updated
- Argentina, Select Baptisms Index, 1642-1912 – updated
- Romania, Vital Records from Selected Regions, 1595-1914 – updated
- “Database of Holocaust Victims Reaches 1 Million Names” on Dick Eastman’s blog
- FindMyPast Friday:
- Easter Rising & Ireland Under Martial Law 1916-1921
- Britain, Directories & Almanacs
- Scotland Registers & Records
Please like & share: