- “Studying the Genealogical Proof Standard” on Adventures in Genealogy Education by Angela McGhie. It’s the start of a new series on gaining educational preparation with becoming BCG certified in mind.
- “Need Historical Context? Try MooseRoots” on Dear Myrtle – a new-to-me resource and how to use it for historical context. It’s quite interesting to see how things have changed since the 1940s!
- “Ten-Minute-Methodology: How to Ask a Good Research Question” on SpringBoard by Harold Henderson – having a good research question is key in finding answers!
- “Documentation and the Research Report” on SpringBoard – have you written a research report and wondered if you should cite your information when it comes to the quick findings section? I know I have! Here’s the ‘official’ response on that question.
- “Happy 179th Birthday to Michigan” – on Michigan Family Trails by Diane Gould Hall – Just because it’s my home state 🙂
- “How to Join a DNA Project” on DNAeXplained by Roberta Estes – If you’ve ever thought about doing this, read this post!
- “DNA, Genealogy and the Search for Who We Are” on NPR – It’s the start of a new series and I’ll be interested to see how this goes. This article doesn’t match how most of us feel about using DNA in our genealogy but this is the first post, so we’ll see how this goes.
- RootsTech is starting soon! If, like me, you are unable to go, check out the streaming schedule. I do plan on attending virtually at least!
- A new episode of Finding Your Roots is available! This one is on Jimmy Kimmel, Norman Lear, and Bill Hader
- There’s a new course at the National Genealogical Society’s Continuing Genealogical Studies: Researching Your World War I Ancestors
- “New or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org – January 17 to 23, 2016” on Genea-Musings by Randy Seaver
- “Added or Updated Databases at Ancestry.com – Week of 16 to 22 January 2016” on Genea-Musings by Randy Seaver
- FindMyPast Friday’s New Records:
- Irish Newspapers
- Greater London Burial Index
- Isle of Man, Births and Baptisms, 1600-2010
- Isle of Man, Marriages, 1598-1979
Please like & share: