RootsTech is happening now! Don’t forget to check out their streaming sessions. Check out the schedule here: Streaming Schedule
- Big news out of RootsTech this week! RootsMagic will be synching with Ancestry.com and FamilyTreeMaker may be saved! Check out the links for more information
- A contest from Geneabloggers – Win a $500 Amazon Genealogy Shopping Spree!! Also check out the latest genealogy bargains here!
- “Conducting Reasonably Exhaustive Research” on the Adventures in Genealogy Education blog by Angela McGhie – The book The Researcher’s Guide to American Genealogy was one of my first genealogy books I actually sat down and studied! I learned quite a bit (although it is a bit outdated on some items, the information is still good).
- “What is a DNA Scholarship and How Do I Get One?” By Roberta Estes on her blog DNAeXplained
- “The Innovator Summit Was Held Today at RootsTech2016” on Dick Eastman’s blog (from Feb 3rd)
- Watch the latest episode of Finding Your Roots – this time exploring the ancestors of Richard Branson, Maya Lin, and Frank Gehry
- “Ancestry Teams with TLC to Produce TV Docu-Series Long Lost Family” on DearMyrtle – I’m not sure how I feel about this just yet but it looks interesting
- “BCG Free Webinar: Little on Context in Record Analysis” presented by Barbara Vines Little
- “New or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org – January 24 to 30, 2016” on Genea-Musings by Randy Seaver
- “FindMyPast Announces Largest Online Collection of U.S. Marriages from 1650-2010” by Dick Eastman on his blog
- FindMyPast Friday new records:
- United States Marriages from 1650-2010
- Norfolk Baptisms
- Norfolk Marriages
- Norfolk Burials