If you’re are near Indianapolis, don’t forget that tomorrow is the Indiana Genealogy and Local History Fair! It starts at 9:30 and goes to 4pm. Judy Russell and Kevin McQueen will be speakers!
If you’re near Fort Wayne, Indiana, Maureen Taylor will be at the library today for consultations on photographs and then tomorrow she’ll be presenting all day! Lots happening in Indiana this weekend!
- “Great Canadian Genealogy Conference!” by Mike Quackenbush – this looks very exciting! I’m tentatively putting it on my calendar for next year!
- “Fashion Moments – Bifurcated Skirt” by Deborah Sweeney on The Genealogy Lady – I had wondered how women first rode bikes in those long skirts
- “23andMe Will Resume Giving Users Health Data” – on the New York Times
- “TLC International Looking for Family Members Separated at Birth for New Television Show” posted by Thomas MacEntee on Geneabloggers
- “Ann Coulter’s Immigrant Ancestors” by Megan Smolenyak on Huffington Post
- “Looking For and Contacting Birth Family Members” by Roberta Estes on DNAeXplained – Genetic Genealogy
- “A Hint of a Clue Might be All That is Needed” by Linda Stufflebean on Empty Branches on the Family Tree
- “2016 Genealogy Cruise by Cruise Everything” – on Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter – that would be so much fun!
- “Upcoming ISGS Webinars – November 2015” – on the Illinois State Genealogical Society Blog – you can watch these webinars for free if you watch them live OR join ISGS and you can watch them anytime! November 10th will be presented by Janet Hovorka and is called “In-laws and Outlaws: The Bylaws of Talking about the Family Skeletons”
- Here is the 2016 lineup for ISGS as well: “Illinois State Genealogical Society Announces 2016 FREE Webinar Lineup“
- “New FamilySearch Collections Update: October 19, 2015” on Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter