Contest from Geneabloggers!!! Win a Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner Contest! Check it out for more details! Good luck 🙂
- “Witches in Your Family Tree” by Dick Eastman – About the Salem Witch Trials
- Ever wonder about citing a newspaper article if you didn’t get it yourself? Here’s the answer from Evidence Explained.
- “Fashion Moments – Feed Sack Fabric” – by the Genealogy Lady – I found this one quite fascinating. I also wish that this still happened but then I’d need to know how to sew.
- “Another Genealogy Tragedy Averted – Using the Genealogical Proof Standard” on Legacy News from Legacy Family Tree – a wonderful example of how the GPS is used.
- “Dear Family Historian…” by Who is Nicka Smith – this is a new-to-me blog but I follow it now after reading this!
- “Mischief Night 1965” by Linda Stufflebean – I greatly enjoyed this blog post! We called the night before Halloween Devil’s Night and while I was growing up, it was NOT a good time to be out and about.
- “DNAeXplain Archives – Advanced DNA Articles” – by Roberta Estes – This is one of my go-to DNA resources.
- “The Changes at 23andMe” by the Legal Genealogist – I mentioned this last week and Judy G. Russell cleared up any confusion anyone may have about it.
- “Britain’s child migrants: ‘I was told I was going on a picnic‘” – on The Guardian – an incredible story!
- “RootsTech 2016 Announces Opening Day Keynotes, Bruce Feiler and Paula Williams Madison” on EOGN by Dick Eastman
- “Join Us in November for Family History Writing Month!” by Thomas MacEntee – contests included!
Did you miss the NARA Virtual Genealogy Fair? No problem! You can still watch them on YouTube! The handouts are available here.
- 1939 Register – Britain – on FindMyPast.com and will arrive on November 2nd – find out more here
- “New FamilySearch Collections Update: October 26, 2015” – on EOGN by Dick Eastman