- Great posts from Judy G. Russell, the Legal Genealogist, this week as she got ready for the 10th Annual Family History Festival at the Detroit Public Library :
- Amy Johnson Crow spotlighted some of the hidden features on the new image viewer on Ancestry.com – complete with a video! “Exploring the Hidden Features of Ancestry’s New Image Viewer“
- The In-Depth Genealogist posted “Five Common Genealogical Mistakes to Avoid when Using Census Records” – wonderful tips there!
- One of my favorite bloggers, Jana of Jana’s Genealogy and Family History Blog posted “A New-To-Me Feature on FamilySearch” – very neat!
- Another of my favorite bloggers, the Genealogy Lady, continues her Fashion Moments series with “The Cuirasse Bodice” – a very recognizable fashion moment for me considering how much I love Victorian era movies
- The Hoosier State Chronicles posted an interesting part of Theodore Roosevelt’s tour in the Midwest in the early 1900’s – “When Theodore Roosevelt was Hospitalized at St. Vincent’s” – these little bits of history would be lost without newspapers it seems!
- Randy Seavers of Geneamusings posted about FindMyPast’s new access to the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society (NYG&B) “Searching the NYG&B Record Collection on FindMyPast” – great information!
- Dick Eastman recently posted “How to Make a Book Available to Everyone” – for those of you who have out-of-copyright genealogy/family history books that you wish to share!
- “New FamilySearch Collections Update: Week of September 21, 2015” brought to you from Dick Eastman’s blog!
- “Poughkeepsie Journal Newspapers are Now Online” another from Dick Eastman
- FindMyPast Friday’s newest records:
- Britain, Directories & Almanacs
- Irish Newspapers
- NYG&B Digital Library
- Kent, Canterbury Archdeaconry Parish Registers Browse 1538-1913
- Kent, Canterbury Archdeaconry Baptisms 1538-1912
- Kent, Canterbury Archdeaconry Banns (1754-1928), Marriages (1538-1928), and Burials (1538-1988)
Have a great weekend everyone!
Please like & share: