Anyone watch the new season of Who Do You think You Are? And did you enter the sweepstakes too? This is one of those times when I wish I had cable… If I only could ask for just this channel for just this show!
- Do you have too much on your Ancestry.com tree and want to separate it into more than one tree? Or maybe you have two trees you wish to combine? Christa Cowan, the Barefoot Genealogist has a YouTube video on how to do just that! (Video is about 23 minutes)
- Christa Cowan also shared a video called “Document Your Research: What Does That Mean?” which is a great video for beginners or those who want a refresher. (Video is about 23 minutes)
- Check out this video by Lisa Louise Cooke from Genealogy Gems called “3 Genetic Genealogy Misconceptions and Answers to Your DNA Questions.” Great 10 minute video for beginners!
- Doing some cemetery research? Check out this short video by Ancestral Findings on cemetery research.
- Can’t make it to the NGS conference this year (like me 🙁 )? You can still attend by purchasing live streaming! See the costs and options here. I plan on taking advantage of that this year!
- Dick Eastman’s newsletter (EOGN) recently posted about the Colorado Springs death register index, which is now available online. See more information in his article here.
- Heritage Quest has gone through some changes recently. One of those changes is that they now have data from Ancestry.com. I’ve heard mixed opinions about this change but to read more about this, check out the EOGN article about it here.
- More records added to FamilySearch! Check out the EOGN article that lists them here.
- Looking for ancestors who may have been institutionalized? Those records are never easy to obtain but Upfront with NGS posted some ideas in how to get them.
- Upfront with NGS also posted “FREE Resources for Online Digitized Genealogy and Family History Books.”
- The NGS publication Genealogy and the Law by Kay Haviland Freilich and William B. Freilich is now available for the Kindle! Speaking of that, Dear Myrtle also hosts a study group for this book if you’re interested.
- Have you heard of the Global Family Reunion Festival by A.J. Jacobs? Well you can now buy a ticket by participating in their fundraiser on Indiegogo! Check it out for the videos at least!
- Clue Wagon recently posted about why your DNA tests aren’t as accurate as you may think. Check out her blog post for more information! And just check out her blog in general. She’s hilarious!
Have a great weekend everyone!