I was very surprised to see that the Genealogy Sisters nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you so much!! I can’t begin to tell you how honored and surprised I am to receive your nomination 🙂 I started this blog nearly one year ago and wasn’t quite sure where it would take me. I know I have fallen off a bit on blogging on a more regular basis but I’m still here and not planning on going anywhere.
With this blogging award, there are a few guidelines:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
4. Contact your bloggers to let them know that you’ve tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award.
So with that, here are seven things about me:
- The main reason I love genealogy so much is to help me discover who I came from. I know for some, knowing who your great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather/mother was isn’t very exciting because of how far removed we are. But for me, once I place that person then I have someone to follow through history with. They are like little time machines for me. I love figuring out how they lived their life and even, if possible, what kind of person they were. I also like to try and figure out if any traits have been passed down through the generations. I find it very inspiring.
- I have lived in three states so far and have always lived near very large bodies of water. My husband and I toyed with the idea of moving west, maybe to Colorado, but the idea of being in a place without a large body of water is foreign. And I feel very dry just thinking about it.
- I am a runner but it’s because I’m lazy. Wait, wait! Let me explain! I like the idea of burning a certain amount of calories (usually goes along with how many goodies were consumed over the weekend!) but I honestly don’t like to work out for that long. I’d have to walk for about 2 hours to get the same amount of calories burned for a little over half an hour of running. So, I run. Makes sense, right? 🙂
- I am a HUGE reader. And I love goodreads.com for that reason. It’s a great place for me to keep track of what books I’ve read and what I want to read. Plus, I love the reading challenges! I challenged myself to 60 books this year but I’m a bit behind. I read a few very LONG books this year!
- I love to travel. In fact, if I could, I’d sell the house and get some sort of RV to travel all the time. My husband and I had a plan to do just that for a year but as things usually go, life happened and plans changed. But we still travel as often as we can.
- I painted for the first time (ever) this past weekend at a Wine and Canvas event. Now all I want to do is order paint and canvases and go crazy! But really, if you have one of those Canvas type places by you (not all include wine!), try it. It’s amazing what you’ll be able to do! Maybe some of my grandma’s talent is in me? 🙂
- One of the main reasons why I started this blog was to see if I could pull some Witherell’s out of the woodwork. What I once thought was an uncommon name, I’ve discovered is not. So I’ve been ever hopeful that someone, somewhere is also searching for the same Witherell’s I am! My fingers are still crossed!
For the fifteen or however many blogs, I know not all like awards. If I nominated you and you don’t like awards, I apologize (I also apologize if you’ve already been nominated)! Not all are genealogy related but all are worthy reads. So here are some of the amazing blogs that I nominate (in no particular order):
- If Destroyed Still True
- Tracing Amy: My Ancestral Journey
- Anglers Rest
- A Day in the Life of Patootie
- A Hundred Years Ago
- Family History Across the Seas
- On the Upcycle
- Past Smith
- Genealogy Adventures
- Turquoise Compass