- “Genealogy Bargains for Friday 23 September 2016” on Geneabloggers
- Also check out the contest for a 7-night stay at Crystal Inn Hotel and Suites in Salt Lake City!
- “31 Days to Better Genealogy – Version 2.0” by Amy Johnson Crow on her website – I participated in the first version of this and highly recommend it!
- “Status of Land and Probate Records on FamilySearch” by Randy Seaver on his blog Genea-Musings – these are some of my favorite records available on FamilySearch!
- Also see his post “How Accurate are Ancestry.com Hints?“
- “New 23andMe Experience – In a Word, Disappointing” by Roberta Estes on her blog DNAeXplained
- “3 Things to Look at When Dating Old Photos” by Amy Johnson Crow
- “How British Are You? DNA Study Reveals UK’s Ethnic Diversity” on the Ancestry Blog
Media and Education
- “How to Use FamilySearch.org for Beginners” by Devin Ashby on Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Webinar Library: BCG on the Legacy Family Tree Website! Check out the THREE FREE webinars on Friday 7 October! – This is part of the Family History Day at Salt Lake City – read more about that from Randy Seaver here
- “National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair” from NARA – coming on the 26 and 27 of October! FREE and no need to register!
- “2016 International Genetic Genealogy Conference is in San Deigo, October 22-23” on Randy Seaver’s blog Genea-Musings
- “RootsTech 2017 Registration NOW OPEN!” on Geneabloggers
- “New SLIG Scholarship for First-Time Institute Attendees” on Dick Eastman’s blog
New and Updated Resources
- Randy Seaver has the new and updated records for Ancestry and FamilySearch.org on his blog!
- “Introducing the New Beta Site for the Family History Guide” by Dick Eastman – I’ll be posting a review of this site next week too!
- “New Occupational Records Now on TheGenealogist” on Dick Eastman’s blog
- FindMyPast Friday’s New and Updated Records:
- Cheshire Vital Records 1500-1991
- The Shipwrecked Passenger Book: Sailing Westbound from Europe for the Americas 1817-1875
- Quintin Collections – United States Family Histories
- The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record (Vol 147, Issue 2: Summer 2016)
- Britain, School and University Register Books
- United States, State and Local Histories
Please like & share: