- “Microsoft’s Evernote to OneNote Conversion Tool is Now Available on Macintosh” on Dick Eastman’s blog (EOGN) – for those who wish to switch from Evernote due to the price increase
- “Genealogy Bargains for Friday 26 August 2016” on Geneabloggers
- “3 Reasons to Revisit Your Research” on The Family Locket Blog – always a good idea!
- “5 Hidden Questions in the U.S. Federal Census” by Ancestry.com
- “What You Might Be Missing in City Directories” and “Who Should You Include in Your Family Tree” by Amy Johnson Crow
- “RootsWeb Update for 20 August 2016” on the Ancestry Insider – for those of us who use RootsWeb for mailing lists especially
- “Just Read This” by Judy G. Russell on the Legal Genealogist – an article on the difference between copyright infringment and plagiarism
- “Finding French Ancestors” by Luana Darby on Legacy Family Tree Webinars – begins today at 2pm EST – register and watch for free!
- “Using FindMyPast to Unlock Your Irish Ancestry” by Brian Donovan on Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- “TGP 46 – Melinde Lutz Byrne” on The Genealogy Professional Podcast with Marian Lierre-Louis
- “Cool Tool at FTDNA” by Judy G. Russell on the Legal Genealogist – phased family matching!
New and Updated Resources
- Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has lists of updated/new records for Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org on his blog.
- FindMyPast’s Friday Updated/New Resources:
- United States Marriages
- Victoria Coastal Passenger Lists 1852-1924
- British, Enemy Aliens and Internees, First and Second World Wars
- Britain, Children’s Employment Commission Part 2, 1842
- Ireland, Children’s Employment Commission Part 2, 1842
- PERSI Monthly Update
Please like & share: