- Judy G. Russell from her blog The Legal Genealogist:
- “Double bubble, toil and trouble: Names of Witches in Scotland, 1658 collection launches” on Ancestry’s blog – I loved the Halloween theme many blogs had this week!
- “More Hallowe’en Name-Whacking” from Genea-Musings by Randy Seaver – more on the Halloween theme!
- “Forbidden Trails” by Nancy Bernard on the Vita Brevis blog – migration routes from New York!
- “Quick Tip – Find More Records via the FamilySearch Catalog” by Yvette Hoitink on her blog Dutch Genealogy – a great tip!!
- Also see “Benefits of Reasonably Exhaustive Research” – excellent!
- “What’s In a Cemetery Record” by Diana Elder on The Family Locket Blog
- “Genealogy Bargains for Friday 4 November 2016” on Geneabloggers
- “Genealogy Record Keeping in India” by Dick Eastman on his blog. Also see:
- “DNA + Family Tree = Additional Opportunities” by Anna Swayne on the Ancestry blog(including a YouTube Playlist on AncestryDNA)
- “BCG Offers Free Webinar: ‘Civil Law Notaries: Using Notarial Records to Build a Family History’ by Melanie D. Holtz, CG” on the SpringBoard blog
Updated and New Resources
- Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has the new/updated records on his blog for Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org
- Not new or updated, but check out this post too: “Free Access to the Native American Collection on Fold3 Until 15 November 2016“
- “New Geneagem: U.S. State Digital Collections” by Linda Stufflebean on her blog Empty Branches on the Family Tree
- FindMyPast’s Friday Updated/New Records:
- United States Marriages
- Duty Locations, Naval Group China, World War II 1942-1945
- 1840 U.S. Census, Revolutionary War Veterans
- New Zealand Wars, Officers and Men Killed 1860-1870
- New Zealand, Military Pensions 1900-1902
- Ireland, Royal Hibernian Military School History
- Ireland Military Records
Please like & share: