- “Ancestry and FTM – Are You Ready for 31 December?” by Linda Stufflebean on her blog Empty Branches on the Family Tree – a good reminder!
- “Before You Gift” by Judy G. Russell on her blog The Legal Genealogist – something to keep in mind before giving DNA kits to family!
- “Genealogy Changed Dramatically in 2016. I Can Prove It.” by Kerry Scott on her blog Clue Wagon – Besides that she’s just a great and funny writer, she makes great points about the new people coming into genealogy!
- “New Family Tree DNA Holiday Coupons – And Why Test Y DNA” by Roberta Estes on her blog DNA eXplained
- “Freedmen’s Index: An Amazing Feat” by Judy G. Russell on her blog The Legal Genealogist
- “Diverse Communities: Finding Irish Immigrant Origins” by Laura Murphy DeGrazia, CG, FGBS on the SpringBoard blog by BCG
- “Genealogy Bargains for Friday 9 December 2016” on Geneabloggers
- “World War II Research Guide” on Ancestry’s blog and posted by Jennifer Holik
- “2017 Legacy Family Tree Webinar Series Announced” on Geneabloggers – see the webinar series for 2017 and what’s coming next!!
New and Updated Resources
- Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has the new and updated resource lists for Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org
- “Family Associations” by Anne Meringolo on the Vita Brevis website from AmericanAncestors.org – Do you know if your family name has it’s own association newsletter or publication?
- FindMyPast’s Friday Records:
- British Newspapers
- Worcestershire Probate Index 1660-1858
- Buckinghamshire Marriages
- New Zealand Officiating Ministers 1882
- New Zealand Waikaraka Cemetery Memorial 1902-1940
- New Zealand Civil Service Examinations 1906-1907
Please like & share: